The Madison Square Garden Company (MSG) is a world leader in live sports and entertainment with a portfolio of legendary sports teams, exclusive entertainment productions and celebrated venues. MSG Sports owns and operates some of the most widely recognized sports franchises: the New York Knicks (NBA), the New York Rangers (NHL) and the New York Liberty (WNBA), along with two development league teams -- the Westchester Knicks (NBADL) and the Hartford Wolf Pack (AHL). MSG Sports also presents a broad array of world-class sporting events, including: professional boxing, college basketball, tennis, bull riding and e-gaming events. MSG Entertainment features exclusive, original productions that include the Radio City Christmas Spectacular and New York Spectacular Starring The Radio City Rockettes. MSG Entertainment also presents or hosts a wide variety of live entertainment offerings, including concerts, family shows and special events, in the Company’s diverse collection of iconic venues. These venues are: New York’s Madison Square Garden, The Theater at Madison Square Garden, Radio City Music Hall and Beacon Theatre; the Forum in Inglewood, California; The Chicago Theatre; and the Wang Theatre in Boston, MA. More information is available at www.themadisonsquaregardencompany.com.
The Business Analyst –Venue Systems works with the Director of Business Systems, Manager of Venue Systems, Project Manager and other IT staff delivering functional business analysis, requirements-gathering and application troubleshooting support services. The Business Analyst – Venue Systems is responsible for the development of documentation for existing and proposed business processes and functional specifications, as well as the facilitation of joint application design sessions with users and IT staff. The Business Analyst – Venue Systems will participate in custom software development and integration projects by documenting requirements, creating functional specifications, documenting test plans and managing the software deployment process.
The Business Analyst – Venue Systems is also responsible for troubleshooting moderately to complex system issues and communicating with all application customers who use the system supporting all venues. Typically, the Business Analyst – Venue Systems is assigned to one or more business units of small to medium size and the project assignments are small to medium scale, moderately complex, and/or moderately to highly visible. The Business Analyst – Venue Systems will focus on key functional business areas including, point-of-sale, vending, inventory, purchasing, event and property management, ticketing and warehouse receiving.
• Prepares business and functional requirements for new systems and for updates to existing systems
• Researchers and collaborates with other project teams tasked with identifying current and future business needs
• Performs business process workflow, analysis, and re-engineering.
• Leads and applies department's methodologies to assignments
• Defines processing logic and translates high-level business requirements into detailed functional design documents
• Develops and maintains user documentation and instructions for all systems for which he or she is responsible
• Works throughout the development process to ensure that results conform to defined requirements
• Works closely with end users to develop required test data
• Performs system testing and unit audits
• Verifies test results for accuracy
• Demonstrates and shares the understanding of department's technology development and support activities
• Coordinates and facilitates cross-application meetings to define business processes and functional requirements
• Documents meeting outcomes through meeting notes and other documents as appropriate
• An understanding of project management
• Understands fundamentals of customer's business
• Demonstrates an ability to understand customer need and perform sound business analysis work
• Demonstrates good communication skills both written and verbal
• Anticipates customer needs and reacts
• Maintains a detailed understanding of assigned business process area(s)
• Participates in and contributes positively to work/team environment
• Provides training on new systems and/or processes
• Participates in the vendor selection process, including providing support to Request for Proposal development
• Application support and troubleshooting decisions
• Creation and execution of work plans that involve resources from with MSG IT, MSG business users and vendors.
• Vendor management of work and issue resolution
• Identification of appropriate resources and skillsets needed to resolve an issue.
• Decisions related to the appropriate level of testing required to validate a bug fix or requirement.
• All purchasing and procurement decisions
• Determination when to move a code or application change into a production environment
• Decisions where senior management may be involved
• 3 or more years of experience as a Business Analyst or equivalent experience
• 2 or more years of full life cycle experience with both custom development and packaged application deployment, including experience working within a formal development methodology
• Experience in a retail environment supporting point of sale and inventory systems is required
• Experience supporting consumer facing e-commerce websites is required.
• Experience with the software development lifecycle is required, preferably Agile and Waterfall methodologies
• Ability to work in a high-pressure environment solving critical issues with business impact
• Able to perform multiple tasks and adjust priorities based on workload or direction from management or customer
• Strong analytical ability related to the analysis of functional business processes and application troubleshooting
• Experience in business process documentation and re-engineering.
• Exceptional verbal and written communications skills
• Must be highly organized and detail oriented
• Experience in a retail environment implementing, upgrading and supporting point of sale and inventory systems is required
• Candidates who have completed 60 credits of college-level coursework (representing 2 years), or have shown similar self-development through certifications, trade school coursework, etc. are preferred.
At MSG we value diversity and are looking for extraordinary employees of all backgrounds! MSG is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, citizenship, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, MSG complies with all applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in all locations.